This wreath uses a 5" scalloped chipboard circle with a 2" inner cutout as the base. I cut 24 strips into 4" x 3/4" pieces and banner-cut one end of each piece. A little trick to get the points even is to make a center cut first and then cut up from each edge. The strips are then glued on in two overlapping layers. This wreath is made from last year's Authentique Valentine collection and is a great way to use up scraps. Since this is a Valentine project, I added 1 1/4" hearts but the wreath could be made for any season....summer flowers, autumn leaves, snowflakes. The lacy die cut is from a Cottage Cuts die borrowed from my friend Donna. She also contributed the little pearl flower. Thanks, Donna!
Friday, January 10, 2014
I found these hearts in the Michael's dollar bin - intended to be a four page album. I punched another hole to thread the ribbon and since the holes were not the same size, moved the bow over to one side to cover. The flowers are made with paper from the Kissing Booth collection from Basic Grey and are triple layers that I hand rolled for dimension and secured with a small circle and a brad. Then I layered the flowers and small leaves on top of a heart lace doily and a heart die cut. This project is the make-n-take at Pages From the Heart on Saturday January 11.
I am making some scrapbook layouts using We R Memory Keepers' new Chalkboard collection for display at Pages From the Heart scrapbook store. The colors perfectly match these photos Katie sent me from her sorority's recent bid day.
I upcycled an unused 2013 calendar from work as the base for this project. The paper collection is from "the Avenues" by Bo Bunny. The base panel and banners are chalked. The bow is made with a die from Lil Inkers. The clock face is a portion of a steampunk style stamp and glossed up with Glossy Accents. The calendar pages were a free download found on Pinterest, cut apart and glued at the top with rubber cement to form a tear-off pad.