Monday, February 20, 2012

Pages From the Heart February Challenge

The Challenge for this month is to create ANYTHING, as long as it uses color misters!   The type, color, technique is up to you!  The prize is a goody bag full of product from Pages.  To participate, email a picture of your project to ayokleyjessup@gmail.com and in the subject line put "February Challenge". The deadline for this challenge is February 29th!  

Here's what I did for my misting project...

 
 
 
 
I sanded and then painted a $1 frame from Michaels with white paint. I placed four large stickers in the bottom right corner and then misted the entire frame with Sprinklers mist in the color Miss Mary Mack from the October Afternoon Sidewalk collection, available at Pages From the Heart.  When the mist dried, I removed the stickers to reveal XOXO in the white base color. I placed diamond bling around the heart picture opening and made three flowers by cutting, folding and gluing 1" hearts and 1/2" circles onto circle bases to form a flower shape. I used a small scrap of Silent Night I had hoarded from the Figgy Pudding collection by Basic Grey for the flowers but the mist could have been used to change any patterned paper into a complementary accent. A sheer white ribbon was woven through the flowers.
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment