Friday, March 9, 2012

Genuine Friendship Plaque

 Here's my latest project for the Pages From the Heart design team.  This  assignment was to create a 3D item using handmade embellishments. 


I used the new Genuine collection by Authentique for this month’s Embellishment project. I found a slate plaque at Michael’s and used it as the base for a Friendship wall hanging featuring my daughter Katie and her college roommate Mina.
To form a base for the embellishments, I wrapped a 2” wide piece of white grosgrain ribbon across the bottom of the slate and mounted a 1” wide piece of yellow Bazzill cardstock and then layered the matted photo, flowers and a few leaves on top.

The “Tried and True” banner and other items are from the “Details” 12x12 sheet of cardstock stickers, borders, alphabet and other embellishments which coordinates with all the paper in the Genuine collection. This is an easy way to get everything you’ll need to make cards, pages and projects in a single sheet – and it’s a great value!
 

1 comment:

  1. I love this Debbie! It is a beautiful wall hanging! I think I need to make one. :)

    ReplyDelete